With being stuck at home at the minute & not being able to get professional photos taken of your children, I thought I’d put together some tips and tricks to help you take beautiful photos of your family.
You will need a phone or camera. If you are using a phone, then the following apps might be useful to download,
- Editing app – Adobe Lightroom or Snapseed
- Collage app – Piccollage or Adobe Spark
- Photo sharing app – Instagram
- Photo storage – Amazon photos
- Photo printing – Free Prints or Funky Pigeon
- Photo competition – GuruShots (Just a bit of fun & you don’t need to be a professional)
Say cheese! It can sometimes work, but most of the time you end up getting an over the top forced smile. There’s lots of ways to get a child’s attention in order to get a natural smile.
- Being silly – pulling faces, saying silly things, pretending to sneeze, making noises
- Toy play – playing peekaboo or tickling with the toy, squeaking and shaking it too
- Music – favourite song, singing, dancing
Sometimes it can be hard work to get that natural smile, but it’s not the be all and end all of a beautiful photo. Sometimes no smile at all can be perfect.